Homemade humous is so easy to make and so much more delicious than shop-bought! Most of the ingredients you are likely to have in your cupboard too! I love experimenting with different flavours but it’s best to start with classic humous. This mixture makes quite a runny humous which I like but if you want it a bit thicker, add the water and lemon more gradually to get it right for you!
- 1 400g tin chickpeas
- 65g tahini
- 60ml olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves (crushed)
- ½ tsp salt
- 60ml lemon juice from a fresh lemon (usually an entire lemon)
- 100ml water
- In a blender, mix the tahini with the olive oil until smooth
- Drain and peel the chickpeas, this takes a while but makes the humous lovely and smooth!
- Add the crushed garlic, chickpeas, water, lemon and salt to the mixture and blend
- The longer you mix, the smoother it gets
- Spoon onto a serving dish and add some additional olive and oil and a sprinkle of smoked paprika