Both sandal and ankle tie are handmade in Athens from vegetable-tanned Italian leather and finished with our signature leather/thermorubber sole.
Keep away from direct moisture as much as possible, particularly until you have worn them for at least a week, and the leather has become flexible and more resistant to the elements. The leather is supple, and the edges will smooth out and expand quickly with some wear, so any initial rubbing should be minimal.
If your sandals become dirty, make sure to wipe dirt away with a dry cloth before applying any leather conditioner or gentle cleanser. Always air dry, but avoid drying in direct sunlight.
- Tracked delivery to home or work, direct from the designer
- All customs fees, duties and taxes are included
- See Delivery page for full details, conditions apply
- Free delivery to our stores in London or New York
- Free returns within 14 days, collection arranged by us.
- Extended Christmas returns until 7 Jan
- See Returns page for full details, conditions apply
- Price match guarantee
- If you find an item cheaper elsewhere we will match the price
- See FAQs or Contact Us for full details, conditions apply
- Wolf & Badger acts as agent to the brand only - you, the customer, are purchasing any item directly from the brand
Meet The Designer
Laiik (/lay-ik/) is a new, Greek-American footwear brand reinventing the classic Greek sandal for conscientious women who want responsibly made, luxury footwear at an accessible price. Raw yet refined, Laiik’s handcrafted sandals combine Greece’s renowned shoemaking heritage with a clean, modern aesthetic. Using bold colors and geometric forms, Laiik sources the finest Italian leathers to create elegant pieces that defy trends and seasons. Unfussy designs and a flexible leather/rubber sole make Laiiks the perfect day-to-night sandal that goes with everything.
As believers in slow fashion, Laiik’s founders are driven by a strong sense of responsibility toward the wellbeing of people and the environment. Each pair of sandals is handcrafted with integrity in a small, family-run factory in Athens, Greece, which employs 30 craftswo/men from the surrounding community. Laiik only uses vegetable-tanned vachetta leathers processed with natural tannins extracted from trees and plants. These leathers are sourced from a consortium of tanneries in Tuscany that invest heavily in waste reduction/recycling to minimize their impact on the environment.