A zesty lemon curd, delicious on toast or as a cake filling. Start collecting your old jam jars and fill them up with this delicious lemony spread. A lovely gift too! The recipe is really simple and makes enough for two jars!
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 4 lemons, zest and juice
- 200g caster sugar
- 100g unsalted butter
- ½ tsp vanilla extract (optional)
1. Zest and juice the lemons
2. Heat a pan of water so that it's simmering, and in a bowl on top of the pan- add the lemon (juice and zest), sugar and butter
3. Stir until the butter has melted
4. Using either a whisk or fork, add the beaten eggs
5. Whisk continuously for around 15 minutes on a low-medium heat until the curd has thickened, adding the vanilla extract too if you want a little more sweetening!
6. Pour the curd through a sieve and into a jug, removing any grainy texture from the zest
7. Fill the jars and place in the fridge
8. Seal tightly once cooled in the jars
Store in the fridge, keeps for around 10 days!